Thursday, April 18, 2013

Why This Blog About Korea Exists

I've always hated the idea of blogging. No offense to blogger.com, but whenever someone said the word "blog" I automatically envisioned some sad person talking about a mundane experience similar to something that thousands of people have already done. They took a picture of a beach, talked about how scary it was to try some food or went bungee jumping and now their whole life is different.

Fuck all that shit.

Due to my initial negative exposure to the idea of blogging, I shied away from the idea and instead just told the stories that I collected from living in Korea 3.5 years at bars, parties or other times when a story seemed relevant to a conversation. Recently however, I have been told by many people that they thoroughly enjoy my stories and have been asking whether or not I kept up a blog that they could look at.

 After enduring this conversation many times, I have decided that there is enough interest from people about my time in Korea, when I say Korea I do mean South Korea, that some of my stories warrant a blog of their own to entertain, educate or give clarity to people who are curious about, traveling to or have already been to Korea.

A few things to consider:
I promise you that all of these stories are 100 percent accurate and are not meant to sway people into believing in anything in particular. They are just simply an account of what happened to me and the people around me while I was living in Korea for 3.5 years. However, I did change the names of people in the story to fictional ones. I know that in reality you will most likely never come across the people I named in the stories, but I just figured I did not ask their permission so it would be in bad taste for me to talk about them using their real names. Also, it will take me a while to write all my stories down so just be patient. If you like what you see, check in every once in a while because more are soon to follow.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment